Attorney Catherine Thatcher graduated from the University of Minnesota Law School with a Juris Doctor cum laude in 1977. Ms. Thatcher has been licensed to practice law in the State of Minnesota since 1977, and has been doing so since then in the Twin Cities area. She obtained a B.A. in Psychology from Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois in 1974.
Cathy has over 30 years of experience in estate planning and probate, real estate, small business and related litigation. She is an active member of the Minnesota State Bar Association and the Hennepin County Bar Association.
She enjoys working one-on-one with clients to help them make the best decisions for their own legal and personal situations, and is very successful in negotiating with opposing counsel and working within the court system to resolve problems.
• Counselor and advocate for clients
• Help clients navigate through our complex laws and court system
• Help clients achieve their goals
• Integrity and value for clients
• Minnesota State Bar Association
• Hennepin County Bar Association
• Past Chair of Board of Directors of Community Emergency Service of Minneapolis
• Member of Board of Directors of Community Emergency Service Inc. They assist clients in the Phillips neighborhood of South Minneapolis in meeting basic needs such as food shelf, Meals on Wheels, and housing assistance.
• Chair of the Client Services and Agency Partnership Committee for Directors of Community Emergency Service Inc.
• Member of Edina Professionals Serving Seniors (EPSS).
* Currently co-chairing Skills Coaches Committee for Innove: Innové exists to help grow ideas to serve others by inviting young Twin Cities social entrepreneurs – 35 years old and younger – to submit proposals for projects that promote social and cultural betterment. Winning projects will receive a portion of $250,000 in prize money, plus hands on assistance in project launch, becoming partners in mission with Colonial Church. Skills coaches (Colonial members with professional experience and skills) will help applicants with accounting, budgeting, fundraising, human resources, insurance, marketing and legal needs. See Innoveproject.org.
* Past positions: Senior Deacon, Chair of Colonial Foundation, Adult Education Committee, Mission Board.
* Member of Colonial Handbell Choir, 2006 to present